Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Drivin N Cryin April 20, 2019 Veranda Live Orlando, Florida

When Fly Me Courageous came out in 1991, that song was in heavy rotation on the local alternative station back in Columbus, Ohio. I liked the song, so I bought the CD (of the same name). I played it many times then it sat on the shelf for a long time. I hadn't thought much about Drivin N Cryin for many years until I heard something, somewhere from 2009's The Great American Bubble Factory dics nearly 19 years later. I like that too. So much so that I started grabbing some of their back catalog, including 2018's Too Late to Turn Back Now, which I discovered was a reissue of their 1997 eponymous and 7th or 8th release, depending if you count a live EP. So, when I saw they were playing at this sweet little outdoor venue on the outskirts of Orlando, I was there. 

Kevin Kinney is a story teller. His songs are often anthems of the downtrodden, encouraged to simply be themselves, and love themselves for who they are while keeping a watchful eye on "the man" who often threatens or catches up to the characters he writes about. The downtrodden are sometimes victorious. His songs foster a feeling of brotherhood, with the (obviously) devoted fans singing along, cheering on those very characters that may eventually loose the rat race.
What a fabulous evening of entertainment. The weather was perfect (not 110 or 32 degrees, or even raining) as the last three times the band played in town. A good time was had by all! 

1. intro
2. Space Eyes
3. Spies
4. The Little Record Store Just Around the Corner
5. Scarred but Smarter
6. Shindig with the Lord
7. Jesus Christ!
8. Honeysuckle Blue
9. Live the Love Beautiful
10. If I'm Not There, I'll Be Here
11. For You
12. Let's Go Dancing
13. Step by Step
14. With the People
15. Build a Fire
16. Wild Dog Moon
17. unknown
18. Fly Me Courageous
19. Free Ain't Free
20. Straight to Hell

Download this show HERE.
Check out their website HERE.
Be sure to pick up the new Album, Live The Love Beautiful when it comes out on June 21, 2019.


   



No comments :

Post a Comment