Friday, August 2, 2019

Bloody Jug Band January 26, 2019 Sloppy Taco Palace Orlando, Florida

I was turned on to this local band by a co-worker in response to my inquiry about local bluegrass/trashgrass bands to check out, that were abundant in my native Columbus, Ohio (a'la https://rumpkemountainboys.com/). Although nothing like my inquiry, these guys (and gal) are quite good, and just as intriguing as what I was hoping to find. As their name suggests, their original tunes are rather macabre in nature, but performed with lots of gusto, especially live. During these sets, they also threw in a handful of unconventional cover tunes to keep the party going. The husband and wife team of John and SJ Theisen trade off lead vocals, and there is a good bit of harmonica and washboard scratching going on as well. This was the second, and certainly not the last time I spend the evening with these guys. "Big fun" as my friends would say.

Download this show HERE.
Check them out on Facebook HERE.
Visit their website HERE where you can buy their music and merch.





No comments :

Post a Comment