Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Unknown Hinson February 08, 2020 Will's Pub Orlando, FL



I couldn't pass up seeing Unknown Hinson on a Saturday night in the recently remodeled Will's Pub. Each time over the past ten years or so of seeing him, he has shed some of the character elements that he had been known for. No more firing cap pistols, mutton chop sideburns or painted on eye brows. Gone, too are the goons that would flank either side of the stage and simply stand there as if guarding a national treasure. This time, Roger "Tiny" Kohrs on bass and Bill "Buddy Boy" Scott on drums were gone from the mix. Instead, Darilyn Baker was on bass, and an unknown drummer (no pun intended). I tried to find additional information about this change to include in this post. What I found was a post on Uknown's Facebook page from 12/28/2019 which read, "Dear Friends, Please welcome my new (and last) Bassist. My wife, Darilyn Baker. She plays all the right bass lines the way they were written and recorded. Thanks you, baby!" I could find nothing on the new drummer. I even thought about asking him about it, but didn't want to bring up a sore subject if one existed. Both new members did a terrific job. I also found it odd that he did not introduce the band, which he normally does. What does remain is his great guitar playing and ability to work a crowd with his politically incorrect brand of country western rock and roll. This show was much shorter than any other I previously attended. Perhaps the new band doesn't know the entire repertoire at this point. None-the-less, a really good show and a nice night on the town. Special mention should go to the opening band, locals The Palmettes. They opened for Unknown the last time and I regretted not recording them. That mistake didn't happen twice.



1. Silver Platter
2. Undead Blues
3. I Ain't Afraid of Youe Husband
4. Your Man Is Gay
5. Rock and Roll Is Straight From Hell
6. I Make Faces (When I Make Love)
7. banter
8. Polly Urethane
9. Barbie-Q
10. Fish Camp Womern
11. banter
12. Pregnant Again
13. Mona Marie
14. Venus Bound
15 Hippie Girl

Download this show HERE.

Check out Unknown's Facebook page HERE.

His web page is HERE.

Go see him live when he's in your town, buy his CDs or download his stuff from your favorite service.







No comments :

Post a Comment