Saturday, December 6, 2014

Ronald Koal April 9, 1988 Newport Music Hall Columbus, Ohio

This was an early show that took place before the club opened that evening for a "disco dace party". As I recall, there was a video camera crew there, though I don't remember seeing anything surface from it.
Ronald was one of the best talents to come from Columbus, but if you are reading this, you likely already know that. My first exposure to Ronald Koal was even before I lived in Columbus. I went to see The Blasters in 1983 at the Cleveland Agora, and the Trillionaires opened. I remember being absolutely blown away by their performance. Unfortunately, that was the only time I saw the Trillionaires, but I have seen Ronald Koal in several of his incarnations over the years. Sadly, in 1993, Ronald took his own life ending one of the most creative talents the local Columbus music scene has known.

Download this show HERE.

1. intro
2. Coming Home
3. Love Has No Cost
4. Men With Guns
5. They Shoot Horses
6. Guiding Light
7. Cover Me
8. Work
9. I'm Inside You
10. I Love My Job
11. The REal Thing
12. Feel It
13. The Dance
14. Together
15. More Like It
16. Where Has It Gone
















No comments :

Post a Comment