Thursday, July 20, 2023

Matchbox Twenty September 26, 2000 Value City Arena Columbus, Ohio

 Seems odd now that this one didn't make it to the blog sooner. Here you have Matchbox Twenty touring for their sophomore release, Mad Season. I enjoy their early work much more now than I did back then. When Rob Thomas talks about his songs, a repetitive theme is he wants each one to have meaning to the individual listener. That seems to be the way it has worked for me. Throughout the years, these songs have become increasingly meaningful as I've had another twenty-three years to relate to some of them.

I remember thinking when the Columbus Dispatch review of the show came out, how unfair I thought the reviewer (who I knew back in the day) was. Still seems a bit harsh.

I had a chance to catch their tour for their fifth studio album, Where The Light Goes, in Tampa a few days back, which led me to post this one from the archive. 

Anyway, like them or not,  you can listen if you want.  

1. Bent
2. Crutch
3. Argue
4. Girl Like That
5. Kody
6. 3 AM
7. Last Beautiful Girl
8. The Burn
9. Long Day
10. Hang
11. You Won't Be Mine
12. Rest Stop
13. If You're Gone
14. American Girl
15. Mad Season
16. Angry
17. Real World
18. Back 2 Good
19. Stop
20. Leave
21. Busted
22. Push
23. Black and White People

Download this show HERE.
Check out their new album, however you prefer to listen. 













No comments :

Post a Comment