Tuesday, February 26, 2019

The Josephines February 16, 2019 Riverfront Park Cocoa, Florida


Cocoa, Florida has an annual Mardi Gras celebration. This year, the headliner was Colt Ford. I dig Colt Ford, and always see him when we are in the same vicinity. As  I was sitting there, struggling to pay attention to the opening band, I did a quick Google search on the band that was up next- The Josephines from Bowling Green, KY. I forget exactly what it said, but something told me they were going to be good. At the last minute, I pulled out the recorder and captured their set. Google was right, The Josephines were good. I hate to classify music, but I suppose you would call them alt country. It was this grungy, raw (dare I say) country music that set the tone for the remainder of the evening. You should check out their 2017 EP Sober Up which you can find at your favorite streaming service (or get a physical copy at the link below). Be sure to check them out live if you get the chance. Beer is not optional!

1. Coal Mine Gone
2. So Much Blood
3. (not sure what the title is)
4. Trucker Song
5. Maggie's Bones
6. Boxes
7. Satan's Field
8. Doing Fine
9. Honky Tonk Funeral Home
10. Cocaine
11. Fireball

Download their set HERE.
Visit them on Facebook HERE.
Check out their merch HERE.




2 comments :

  1. Thank you for this revelation. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure glad that you did record this show! I've become a fan. This band is bound be hugely successful.

    ReplyDelete